Amlavet/अम्लवेत: Amlavet is a Sanskrit word referring to Garcinia pedunculata, a species of evergreen tree from the Clusiaceae family of flowering plants, and is used throughout Ayurvedic literature such as the Charak Samhita. The tree grows throughout certain regions of Asia (e.g. Myanmar and India). The tree has a fluted trunk with short spreading branches. Its leaves are shaped like lances with prominent midribs. Male flowers are light green of color but the female flowers are solitary. The roundish fruit has a diameter ranging between 8 to 12 cm. It has edible arils.
This plant Amlavet is also mentioned as a medicine used for the treatment of all major fevers, as described in the treatment of fever, which forms the first chapter of the Sanskrit work called Madhavachikitsa.
Fresh and green herb contains 92% water content dried plant contain either extract 4.62%, albuminoidal 16.27%, carbohydrate 57.86%, woody part 10.50% and alkaline 10.75%. Root contains Rumicin and lapathin. It also contains an anthraquinone glucoside, amino acids, vitamins, cystine, glutamic acid, histidine etc.
Their essential oil compositions consisted mainly of thujene, limonene, fenchon, estragole, and anethole but at largely different concentration. Fatty acid compositions were similar among the two species and consisting of linoleic acids.
- Amlavet is an Ayurvedic herb used for the treatment of constipation, diseases of the liver, scorpion bite, snake bite, piles and vomiting.
- The paste of the leaf of this herb is kept in the gums and tooth affected with dental caries to relive pain and inflammation.
- The paste of the leaf of Amlavet is applied over the area affected with scorpion bite to relive pain and inflammation.
- The seeds of Amlavet is roasted and powdered and is taken internally to treat scorpion bite and diarrhea.
- The decoction of the plant is given in a dose of 30 ml with supernatant layer of curd and juice of pomegranate to treat diarrhea.
- The juice of the leaves of Amlavet is slightly warmed and installed into the ears to treat earache.
- The decoction of the whole plant is given in a dose of 50 ml to treat hepatomegaly and piles.
- Fresh juice of the leaf of this herb is given in a dose of 10 ml to treat vomiting.
- Rice gruel boiled with Amlavet and nagakesara is given to treat bleeding piles and diarrhea associated with blood.
- Weight: 250 Gram (1 Packet) Provided by AstroMantra.com
- Form: Raw Herb
- Condition: Authentic, Clean and Sorted
- Delivery: 3-7 Days All Over World
- Storage: Keep it in a dry place and away from moisture.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.