Patol Patra/पटोल पत्र: Patol Patra is recommended as a supplement in all liver disorders; it can also be consumed by a healthy fellow. root paste is used in headache as it is an analgesic, hair strengthening, helps in wound cleansing and healing.
Pointed gourd is a very ancient Ayurveda medicinal herb and vegetable. It is used since the times of Charak and Susruta, since 2000 years. It is very beneficial to improve gastric health. Its root, leaf and fruit are used in many Ayurveda medicines.
It is rich in carbohydrates, vitamin A, and C. It contains trace elements of Potassium, Copper, Magnesium, Sulphur and Chlorine.
Patol Patra is mentioned as one among the vegetables that can be consumed habitually for a long period of time.
Patol Patra is a perennial, climbing plant producing stems that can sprawl over the ground or climb into other plants for support, attaching themselves by means of tendrils. The plant has been cultivated, especially in eastern India, for over 2,000 years. Its edible fruit is highly prized in India.
Patol Patra is katu (pungent), tikta (bitter) and of hot potency. It is beneficial in rakta-pitta (bleeding disorders) and Kapha diseases. It cures kandu (itching), kustha (leprosy and allied skin diseases), blood disorders, fever, burning sensations and body-aches.
The Patol Patra is usually propagated through vine cuttings and root suckers. Seeds are not used in planting because of poor germination and inability to determine the sex of plants before flowering. As a result, crop established from seed may contain 50% nonfruiting male plants. To propagate from root suckers, tuberous roots of pointed gourd are dug in the early spring, subdivided, and replanted. Both pre-rooted and fresh vine cuttings are used for propagation.
Patol Patra Benefits
- Meat of animals inhabiting arid land and preparations of Mudga (green gram) mixed with Patola – Pointed gourd is told as a diet recipe for treating Kushta (skin diseases).
- Mainly used in medicines that are useful in gastro intestinal and liver disorders.
- Patola is used in jaundice, viral infections, skin diseases. If you find it too bitter, its Kashayam tablet version is also available.
- Patola is used in skin diseases, flu, viral infections etc. Its root is used in this medicine.
- Patola is used in fever, flu, skin diseases, ENT disorders etc.
Patol Patra Product Details:
- Weight: 250 Gram (1 Packet) Provided by AstroMantra.com
- Condition: Authentic, Clean and Sorted
- Delivery: 3-7 Days All Over World
- Storage: Keep it in a dry place and away from moisture.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.