Lotus Seed/कमल के बीज: In India, mostly we find lotus seed in dried form called as Makhana or gorgon nut. On the other hand, if you can find it in the form of seeds, flowers, still there will be numerous benefits. But do we really use in our diet schedule. You may have seen white or off-white seeds in the dry fruit stores. They are known as lotus seeds. They are a quick and handy way to enrich your body with plenty of nutrients.
Think, the answer would be rare- because most of us are unaware of its health benefits and its recommended level to consume it. And of course, it is really important to have a brief knowledge before introducing any new food item in your diet.
Lotus Seeds health benefits includes managing diabetes, treating insomnia, supporting stomach health, slowing down aging process, supporting oral health, and providing instant energy. Other benefits supporting pregnancy, treating ulcers or sore mouths, supporting a healthy appetite, improving urination, maintaining blood pressure, supporting cardiovascular health and healing inflammation and infection.
Lotus, Nelumbo nucifera, is a fresh water plant that has been grown in Southeast Asia and the Mediterranean for over 5000 years. China and Japan classify the lotus as a vegetable and regularly eat the roots, called rhizomes, as well as its stems and leaves. Petals are used to spice dishes and to make teas. The seeds, a major export from China, are prepared in many ways for eating or healing applications.
By consuming 100 grams of Lotus Seed one would get 350 calories and there is around 63-68 grams carbohydrate, 17-18 grams of protein, and only 1.9-2.5 grams fat; the remainder is water, about 13%, and minerals (mainly sodium, potassium, calcium, and phosphorus. As a protein source, lotus seeds are relatively good, with a one ounce serving (of dried seeds) providing 5 grams. Lotus Seeds are low in fibre.
Benefits of Lotus Seed
- Helpful in diarrhoea -lotus seeds is helpful in stopping chronic diarrhoea.
- Their low sodium and high magnesium content make them for those suffering from heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure and obesity.
- These Lotus Seed contain an anti-ageing enzyme, which is believed to repair damaged protein.
- As per Ayurveda, Lotus Seeds have astringent properties that have specific benefits to the kidney.
- Lotus Seeds also contain kaempferol, a natural flavonoid that prevents inflammation and ageing.
- Lotus Seed for puja sadhna and yajna.
- Lotus Seed for daily laxmi sadhna mantra jaap etc.
Lotus Seed Details:
- Lotus Seed Weight: 200 Gram (1 Packet)
- Lotus Seed Deliver: 2-3 days.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.