Sharpunkha/शरपुंखा: It has the great medicinal important in Ayurveda. It is a well-known Ayurvedic herb, used in the treatment of liver cirrhosis and splenomegaly. Sharpunkha is very beneficial to maintain the healthy hemoglobin levels in body. In Ayurveda Sharpunkha has been identified as the fruitful herb for Liver health. Besides this herb is good for digestive system and also helps to manage the digestive disorders.
Sharpunkha is good herb in cough and respiratory complications. Furthermore this herb is loaded with anti-diabetic and anti-hyper lipidemic properties. There are various photo chemical compounds present in this herb like Lupeol, Rutin, Delphinidin chloride, Palmitic, Caffeic acid, Palmitoleic, Tepurindiol, Linoleic acid, Oleic acid, Valine, Threonine, Lysine, Isoleucine, Karanjin, Phenylalanine, Delphinidin chloride, Tephrone. All these phytochemical compounds are packed with amazing properties to resolve the various health issues. -Sharpunkha.
Sharpunkha is used in Ayurveda specifically for treating diseases of liver and spleen. Its oral intake improves the function of liver. It is used in treatment of liver diseases like hepatitis, cirrhosis from ancient time. This herb promotes regeneration of liver tissues. Sharpunkha removes obstruction of kidney.
Wild Indigo grows as common wasteland weed. In many parts it is under cultivation as green manure crop. It is a plant of the genus Tephrosia having pinnate leaves and white or purplish flowers and flat hairy pods. This plant contains a mild toxin called tephrosin which chemically stuns fish but does not affect mammals. The extract is obtained by crushing the whole plant by mortar and pestle, or rocks, and then scattering it in tide pools. -Sharpunkha.
Benefits of Sharpunkha:
- This is known to be an effective herb for the treatment of liver cirrhosis. Sharpunkha helps in the detoxification of liver and also helps in the regeneration of new liver cells. It also helps to provide relief in the symptoms like nose bleeding, weight loss, decreased appetite, jaundice (yellow discoloration), anorexia, itchy skin, weakness, abdominal swelling (ascites) and swelling of the legs (edema). Hence it is an effective herb for the treatment of liver disorders.
- Use of this herb is quite good to manage the Splenomegaly. Sharpunkha helps in production of blood cells. This herb also helps to manage the symptoms like anemia, fatigue, easy bleeding, fullness of stomach and pain in upper abdomen which are associated with splenomegaly.
- This herb is packed with kidney protective properties. It helps to strength the kidney system and aids in the removal of waste material from body.
- This herb is quite beneficial in the treatment of skin diseases. Insecticidal properties of the herb are used for treating the skin eruptions. Leaves of this herb contain retinoid, which acts as insecticide. Whereas seeds contain a flavonoid, lanceolarin B, which helps in healing of skin. Hence use of this herb is quite good in the treatment of various skin diseases like eczema, scabies and leprosy.
- Anti-diabetic properties of this herb help to maintain the healthy blood sugar levels. Moreover this herb also helps to manage the symptoms of diabetes like increased urination, fatigue, weight loss, excessive thirst, blurred vision and slow healing of the wounds.
- Antipyretic and analgesic properties of this herb are quite good in the treatment of fever.
- Sharpunkha is also loaded with anti-inflammatory properties which help to reduce different body pains.
- Antimicrobial activities of herb are quite beneficial to manage the several viral, bacterial and fungal infections.
- Sharpunkha is known to be beneficial herb for the treatment of female reproductive health issues. Use of this herb is quite effective in the treatment of uterine fibroid, ovarian cysts, PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome). This herb helps to reduce the size of cyst and any outgrowth in uterus.
- Anticancer properties of this herb help in treatment of cancer. This herb helps to stop the growth of cancer cells and increases the growth of healthy cells in a natural way without causing any side effect on health.
- Use of this herb is quite good to resolve the digestive disorders. Sharpunkha helps to provide relief in the indigestion, heart burn, intestine pain and acidity etc.
Sharpunkha Product Details:
- Sharpunkha Weight: 250 Gram (1 Packet) Provided by AstroMantra.com
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.