Semal Flower Herb/सेमल फूल: Semal Flower Herb (Bombax ceiba) is a medicinal tree and is also referred as silent doctor. It is found in India, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Hong Kong, Australia and Africa. Every part of this tree is used to treat various ailments.
In Ayurveda it is referred as aphrodisiac, astringent, anti diarrheal, anti dysenteric, antimicrobial diuretic, alterative, antipyretic and tonic. Semal Flower Herb is used in treatment of asthma, diarrhoea, wound, leucorrhoea, anemia, seminal disorders and skin problems.
This Asian tropical tree has a straight tall trunk and its leaves are deciduous in winter. Red flowers with 5 petals appear in the spring before the new foliage. Semal Flower Herb produces a capsule which, when ripe, contains white fibers like cotton. Its trunk bears spikes to deter attacks by animals. Although it’s stout trunk suggests that it is useful for timber, its wood is too soft to be very useful.
This Bombax ceiba tree is commonly known as semal in India. Semal Flower Herb is widely planted in parks and on roadsides there because of its beautiful red flowers which bloom in March/April. This Semal Flower Herb tree is quite common in New Delhi although it doesn’t reach its full size of 60m there because of the semi arid climate. The cotton fibers of this tree can be seen floating in the wind around the time of early May. This Semal Flower Herb tree shows two marked growth sprints in India: in spring and during the monsoon months. Perhaps due to subtropical climate and heavy rainfalls, it’s found in dense population throughout the Northeast India. -Semal Flower Herb.
Here is how various parts of Silk cotton tree can be used at home to treat various disorders.
- Seminal disorders
- Take tender roots of semal, clean and dry in shade. Grind to make powder. Take this powder to cure seminal disorders.
- Nocturnal emission, semen problems
- Take semal root powder and add vidari (Ipomoea digitata) root, shatawar and misri. Take twice a day with milk.
- Blood purification
- Take leaves of semal and grind with water. Filter and drink.
- Take semal root powder twice a day with water.
- Over bleeding in menstruation
- Acne, skin blemish and pigmentation
- Take thorny part from stem of semal tree. Make paste of root of thorn with water. Apply on affected area. This also lightens scar marks due to boils, freckles, acne vulgarize and burns.
Semal Flower Herb Product Details:
- Semal Flower Herb Weight: 200 Gram (1 Packet) Provided by AstroMantra.com
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.