June Festivals 2019
June Festivals/जून त्यौहार: The first is that the month is named after the Roman goddess Juno, the goddess of marriage and the wife of the supreme deity Jupiter; the second is that the name comes from the Latin word juniors, meaning “Younger Ones“, as opposed to majors (“elders”) for which the preceding month May (Maius)(June Festivals) may be named.
Juno is the Roman counterpart to the Greek goddess Hera(June Festivals). In Roman myth, she is the patron goddess of Rome. She is shown alternately as a cruel goddess and the goddess of marriage and childbirth. In fact, summer weddings are still very popular, and they may have started because of the blessing that this goddess bestowed on those wed in her sacred month.
June/June Festivals symbolically debuts concepts like: Provision, fertility and procreation(June Festivals). The bull represents all of these ideals and more. The Celtic bull was revered as a symbol of fecundity(June Festivals). The bull was prominent art motif adorning marriage bedding and wedding gifts. The bull’s appearance on these occasions intended well-wishes for full life, and specifically good luck in conceiving a child.
The Latin name for June is Junius(June Festivals). Ovid offers multiple etymologies for the name in the Fasti, a poem about the Roman calendar. The first is that the month is named after the Roman goddess Juno, the goddess of marriage and the wife of the supreme deity Jupiter; the second is that the name comes from the Latin word iuniores, meaning “Younger Ones“, as opposed to maiores (“elders”) for which the preceding month May (Maius) may be named.
In ancient Rome, the period from mid-May through mid-June was considered inauspicious for marriage(June Festivals). Ovid says that he consulted the Flaminica Dialis, the high priestess of Jupiter, about setting a date for his daughter’s wedding, and was advised to wait till after June 15. Plutarch, however, implies that the entire month of June was more favorable for weddings than May.
Certain meteor showers take place in June(June Festivals). The Arietids takes place May 22 to July 2 each year, and peaks on June 7. The Beta Taurids June 5 to July 18. The June Bootids take place roughly between 26 June and 2 July each year.
June Festivals List 2019
- Shani Trayodashi/शनि त्रयोदशी 01-06-2019
- Somvati Amavasya/सोमवती अमावस 03-06-2019
- Jyeshth Amavasya/ज्येष्ठ अमावस्या 03-06-2019
- Vatsavitri Vrat/वटसावित्री व्रत 03-06-2019
- Bhavuka Amavasya/भावुका अमावस 03-06-2019
- Rambha Tritiya/रम्भा तृतीया 05-06-2019
- Maharana Pratap Jayanti/महाराणा प्रताप जयंती 06-06-2019
- Sankasht Chaturthi/संकष्ट चतुर्थी 06-06-2019
- Skandh Shashthi/स्कंध षष्ठी 08-06-2019
- Vindhyavasini Puja/विंध्यवासिनी पूजा 08-06-2019
- Ganga Dussehra/गंगा दशहरा 12-06-2019
- Nirjala Ekadashi Vrat/निर्जला एकादशी व्रत 13-06-2019
- Pradosh Vrat/प्रदोष व्रत 14-06-2019
- Vatsavitri Vrat/ वटसावित्री व्रत 16-06-2019
- Jyeshth Purnima/ज्येष्ठ पूर्णिमा 17-06-2019
- Kabirdas Jayanti/कबीरदास जयंती 17-06-2019
- Kalashtami/कालाष्टमी 25-06-2019
- Yogini Ekadashi/योगिनी एकादशी 29-06-2019