December Festivals 2018
December Festivals/दिसम्बर त्यौहार: December was originally the tenth month of the year in the Roman calendar(December Festivals). It gets its name from the Latin word “Decem” which means tenth. However, when the Romans added January and February to the calendar, it became the twelfth month. They still kept the name, though.
December got its name from the Latin word decem (meaning ten) because it was originally the tenth month of the year in the Roman calendar, which began in March. The winter days following December were not included as part of any month(December Festivals). Later, the months of January and February were created out of the monthless period and added to the beginning of the calendar, but December retained its name.
December contains the winter solstice in the Northern Hemisphere, the day with the fewest daylight hours, and the summer solstice in the Southern Hemisphere, the day with the most daylight hours (excluding Polar Regions in both cases)(December Festivals). December in the Northern Hemisphere is the seasonal equivalent to June in the Southern Hemisphere and vice versa(December Festivals). In the Northern hemisphere, the beginning of the astronomical winter is traditionally 21 December or the date of the solstice.
December is an important month in the community, because it is the month of ceremonies(December Festivals). All children are the same age at the same time, and in December they have a ceremony where they turn the next age.
The month of December meaning represents unity & Trust, A Divine connection, Success in all areas of life, Challenges and commitments, a time when your own personal power is put to the test, succeeding will take courage, risk, trust, and compassion(December Festivals). A tribal collective energy which may be utilized for group or global meditation will be beneficial in the month of December. The owl animal spirits watchers over the month of December.
Finding enlightenment in the smallest tasks associated with our endeavors both personal and business this month of December will activate an acute awareness derived from the 5th chakra ( First of the spiritual chakra’s, Throat chakra– meaning To speak your truth, self-expression, To speak and to listen)(December Festivals). Procuring a super consciousness meditation state, for those, those are wishing and able to tap into cosmic knowledge.
- Utpanna Ekadashi/उत्पन्ना एकादशी 03-12-2018
- Pradsoh Vrat/प्रदोष व्रत 03-12-2018
- Margashirsha Amavasya/मार्गशीर्ष अमावस्या 06-12-2018
- Vinayak Chaturthi/विनायक चतुर्थी 11-12-2018
- Nag Deepawali/नाग दीपावली 12-12-2018
- Subramanya Shashthi/सुब्रमण्य षष्ठी 13-12-2018
- Champa Shashthi/चम्पा षष्ठी 13-12-2018
- Mitra Saptami/मित्र सप्तमी 14-12-2018
- Mokshada Ekadashi/मोक्षदा एकादशी 18-12-2018
- Geeta Jayanti/गीता जयंती 19-12-2018
- Pradosh Vrat/प्रदोष व्रत 20-12-2018
- Duttatrey Jayanti/दत्तात्रेय जयंती 22-12-2018
- Annapurna Jayanti/अन्नपूर्णा जयंती 22-12-2018
- Tripur Bhairavi Jayanti/त्रिपुर भैरवी जयंती 22-12-2018
- Margashirsha Purnima/मार्गशीर्ष पूर्णिमा 22-12-2018
- Sankasht Chaturthi/संकष्ट चतुर्थी 25-12-2018
- Merry Christmas/मैरी क्रिसमस 25-12-2018
- Kala Ashtami/काला अष्टमी 29-12-2018