August Festivals 2018
August Festivals/अगस्त त्यौहार: August is the eighth month of the year in the Julian and Gregorian calendars, and the fifth of seven months to have a length of 31 days(August Festivals). It was originally named Sextilis in Latin because it was the sixth month in the original ten-month Roman calendar under Romulus in 753 BC, and March was the first month of the year(August Festivals). About 700 BC, it became the eighth month when January and February were added to the year before March by King Numa Pompilius, who also gave it 29 days. Julius Caesar added two days when he created the Julian calendar in 45 BC, giving it its modern length of 31 days. In 8 BC, it was renamed in honor of Augustus(August Festivals)According to a Senatus consultum quoted by Macrobius, he chose this month because it was the time of several of his great triumphs, including the conquest of Egypt.
It is the last of the summer months. August in the Northern Hemisphere is similar to February in the Southern Hemisphere. Augustus renamed the month of Sextilis because many of his greatest triumphs occurred during this month. August/August Festivals is a month of summer vacation and holiday for many children around the world. Many cultures call this month the harvest month or the time of harvest.
Courage, Strength and Enlightenment(August Festivals). Use these keywords to make a short three sentence positive affirmation which you can repeat to yourself through the month of August This will also help in the manifestation process of conjuring forth the energy needed to be fortuitous in our endeavors this month.
August is a power month of the year, it augers in the energy of completion, loose ends tied, the past healing and the future are now a little clearer for us all. This energy asks us to venture out side of our comfort zone, to have the experiences which we have previously denied ourselves of(August Festivals). In doing this we open ourselves to enlightenment.
In the last quarter of the August month, there is a slight shift of energies reminding us to recognize our shadow self, the darker side of our nature. Bringing light to those darkened corners deep inside of us, which previously only brought us grief, negativity and weakness.
- Kala Ashtami/काला अष्टमी 04-08-2018
- Kamika Ekadashi/कामिका एकादशी 07-08-2018
- Shravan Shiv Ratri/श्रावण शिव रात्रि 09-08-2018
- Hariyali/Shravan Amavasya/हरियाली/श्रावण अमावस 11-08-2018
- Hariyali Teej/हरियाली तीज 13-08-2018
- Vinayak Chaturthi/विनायक चतुर्थी 14-08-2018
- Nag Panchami/नाग पंचमी 15-08-2018
- Independence Day/गणतंत्र दिवस 15-08-2018
- Tulsi Jayanti/तुलसी जयंती 17-08-2018
- Shree Durga Ashtami/श्री दुर्गा अष्टमी 18-08-2018
- Mangala Gauri Vrat/मंगला गौरी व्रत 21-08-2018
- Putrada Ekadashi/पुत्रदा एकादशी 22-08-2018
- Pradosh Vrat/प्रदोष व्रत 23-08-2018
- Rigveda Upkarm/ऋग्वेद उपकर्म 25-08-2018
- Raksha Bandhan/रक्षा बंधन 26-08-2018
- Shravani Purnima/श्रावणी पूर्णिमा 26-08-2018
- Shree Amarnath Yatra/श्री अमरनाथ यात्रा 26-08-2018
- Kajari Ki Teej/कजरी की तीज 29-08-2018
- Shree Ganesh Chaturthi/श्रीगणेश चतुर्थी 30-08-2018
- Bahula Chaturthi/बहुला चतुर्थी 30-08-2018